Shrimp is a great source of selenium, vitamin B12, phosphorous, choline, copper, and iodine. White beans absorb the vibrant flavors of this dish while adding protein and fiber.
One Skillet Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Feta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15-oz can cannelini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock if needed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp salt. Add shrimp, toss to combine, and set aside to marinade.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes until it starts to soften. Add garlic and saute 2 more minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes on each side. Stir in beans, continue cooking just until beans are warm. Add vegetable stock if more liquid is needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon vinaigrette ingredients. Pour half the dressing over the shrimp mixture and toss.
- To serve, divide shrimp mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top with chopped parsley, feta, and remaining lemon vinaigrette to taste.