Avocados contain hearty healthy anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
Seasoning chicken and topping with a fresh and creamy sauce adds flavor without the need for added salt.
Grilled Cumin Chicken With Guacamole Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 12 oz Trader Joe's Salsa Verde or your favorite tomatillo salsa
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 diced avocado
- Make the sauce: Pour 12 oz Trader Joe's Salsa Verde into a food processor. Add lime juice, avocado, and cilantro. Pulse until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound until 1/2" thickness. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle cumin and salt over both sides of each chicken breast.
- Spray an outdoor grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Heat to medium-high.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until grill marks have formed and internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 4-5 minutes for each side.
- Remove chicken from grill and let stand 5 minutes. Slice chicken and serve with guacamole sauce.