Chicken is a great source of lean protein while avocado is full of healthy fats This spin on classic salsa is so versatile and the key to this dish is choosing a fruit that is at the peak of its season.
Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Feta Salsa
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, onion, lime juice, feta and olive oil. Set aside
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat. Grill chicken for 6 minutes per side or until meat thermometer reads 165°F. Loosely cover chicken with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped avocado to salsa and season with salt and pepper; toss gently. Top chicken with salsa to serve.