The green lentils in this dish provide a great source of fiber and protein Pistachios are a great source of potassium, vitamin B6, and antioxidants
Green Lentil Bowl with Pistachio Pesto
The green lentils in this dish provide a great source of fiber and protein. Pistachios are a great source of potassium, vitamin B6, and antioxidants
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 c pistachio basil pesto
- 2 c cooked green lentils
- 1 small zucchini finely grated
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 c crumbled feta
- juice of 1 lemon
- fresh basil chiffonade for garnish
- 1 Tbsp shelled chopped pistachios
- Cook lentils according to package directions in low sodium chicken or vegetable stock.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté peppers until softened and brown.
- Mix the pistachio pesto with the green lentils and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the lentils, sautéed peppers, and grated zucchini between two bowls and top with feta, lemon juice, basil, and pistachios.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!