October is National Seafood Month and if you’ve been following us for awhile, you know that on the Mediterranean diet, seafood is a main component. We recommend getting in two servings of fish per week. Fish is high in omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation and promote brain and heart health.
These fish sticks are so easy to make in the air fryer, making them a perfect weeknight meal. If your children dislike fish, try serving this kid-friendly recipe to change their minds!
Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- 4-6 oz filets of thick white fish halibut, cod
- 2 cups of corn flakes crushed
- 1/4 cup flour whole wheat, white or gluten-free
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of milk
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of olive oil based mayonnaise
- Cut each fish filet into sticks lengthwise and set aside.
- Combine crushed cornflakes and flour in a shallow dish or pie plate, add salt and pepper.
- In another pie plate, whisk together egg and milk.
- Dip fish sticks in the egg wash and then dredge in the cornflake mixture and set aside. Continue until all are battered.
- Place fish sticks in the air fryer basket and cook on 350°F for 8 minutes, Turn over and continue to cook for about 3-4 more minutes. The crust will be golden brown and the fish will flake easily.
- Place ½ cup of mayo in a small dish. Add several drops of sriracha to taste. Serve with fish sticks.