27 Apr Eggs Florentine Skillet
This is one of our all time favorite breakfasts! Full of satisfying protein from the eggs, fiber from the spinach and energizing carbohydrates from the hash browns, this meal is guaranteed to keep you full until lunch. We also love that this breakfast looks fancy and tastes amazing but comes together in about 10 minutes.
We recommend topping this dish with some salsa, avocado, sliced green onions and some red pepper flakes for added heat. Enjoy!Print
Eggs Florentine Skillet
This is one of our all time favorite breakfasts! Full of satisfying protein from our egg, fiber from our spinach, and energy from the hash browns.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- salt and pepper
- sliced green onions
- red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of hash browns onto separate areas of the skillet to create 4 mounds. Allow to set 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with spinach, then press the back of a spoon down into the mounds to create a well.
- Crack an egg into each of the wells and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Cover, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook until hash browns are browned, the egg white is set, and the cheese is melted; about 4 to 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately and top with optional toppings of choice.
Keywords: eggs, breakfast