Tuna and White Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Fish and beans are favorite protein sources in the Mediterranean diet, and beans provide the healthy bonus of fiber to keep you full and promote gut health.
- This salad gets better with time as the flavors continue to blend together.
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 5 oz cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Favorite mixed greens
- Feta cheese crumbled, to garnish
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Add the dried tomatoes and let marinate to soften (10 minutes).
Place the beans and tuna in a medium bowl. Add the vinaigrette and tomatoes, season with salt & pepper, and toss gently to mix.
Top with crumbled feta and serve over your favorite mixed greens.