18 Nov Bourbon Pecan Tassies
Pam grew up making bourbon pecan tassies with her family and has perfected this recipe over the years! These mini tassies are the perfect bite of something sweet. Whole grain rye flour and heart healthy pecans make this a lighter holiday treat.Print
Bourbon Pecan Tassies
Pam grew up making bourbon pecan tassies with her family and has perfected this recipe over the years! These mini tassies are the perfect bite of something sweet. Whole grain rye flour and heart healthy pecans make this a lighter holiday treat.
- Yield: 24 Tassies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Baking Spray with flour
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon 1% milk
- 1 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup whole grain rye flour or whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup of packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon or rye whiskey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 1 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Generously coat a 24 cup mini muffin tin with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, 2 tablespoons butter, powdered sugar, milk, and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Process pecans in a food processor until finely ground. Add rye flour and ¼ teaspoon of salt to food processor; pulse 5 times. Add pecan-flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Knead in bowl until dough comes together. Shape dough into 24 balls. Place balls in cups of prepared muffin pan. Press dough into bottom and up sides of cups to form shells. Bake 5 minutes and let cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon, eggs, 1 tablespoon butter, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon pecan mixture into each prepared tart shell. Bake for 18 minutes or until the filling is puffed and browned. Cool 15- 20 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
- Microwave chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on high until chocolate is melted, about 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Run a knife around the edges of tarts to loosen. Remove tarts from pan.
- Drizzle chocolate evenly over each tart.
Keywords: Holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Dessert, Pecan