27 May Weeknight Ratatouille Pasta with Chicken Sausage
Use your leftover summer sheet pan ratatouille veggies for his quick and easy weeknight meal!
Pasta can be part of the Mediterranean diet, especially when it is done right! Always pick a whole wheat pasta or a legume-based pasta as this adds more fiber and nutrients. Pack your pasta plate with tons of veggies – like the eggplant, peppers, summer squash, tomatoes and onions in this dish. Opt for a simple sauce made with pasta water, olive oil and lemon juice or a tomato-based sauce. Cream-based sauces are loaded with calories and saturated fat.Print
Weeknight Ratatouille Pasta with Chicken Sausage
Use your leftover summer sheet pan ratatouille veggies for this quick and easy weeknight meal! Whole wheat pasta will incorporate some extra fiber as well as vitamins and minerals
- Yield: 4–6 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 12 ounce whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 links Italian chicken sausage, sliced (we love the spicy variety)
- 1 sheet pan of ratatouille vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepperred chili pepper flakes
- Prepare our Sheet Pan Ratatouille and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions, reserve 1 cup of water before draining and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced chicken sausage and stir until heated.
- Add the ratatouille sheet pan vegetables and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta and a small amount of reserved water.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Adjust seasonings to taste: parmesan, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes.
Keywords: Pasta, Chicken, Sheet Pan, One Pot, Quick & Easy, Chicken, Bowls, Dinner, Summer