29 May Grilled Squash and Halloumi Salad
This recipe is adapted from a Southern Living recipe we keep coming back to every summer. It is such a flavorful and nutrient-packed summer salad. Summer squash is a great vegetable for boosting your hydration and providing anti-inflammatory compounds into your diet.
Try making your own pesto with fresh greens like spinach to add a nutritional punch to this traditional flavorful sauce.Print
Grilled Squash and Halloumi Salad
Summer squash is a great vegetable for boosting your hydration and providing anti-inflammatory properties to your diet. Try making your own pesto with fresh greens like spinach to add a nutritional punch to this traditional flavorful sauce.
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Mediterranean Diet
- 2 large yellow squash, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 2 large zucchini squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces Halloumi cheese, sliced into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- balsamic vinegar, for garnish
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush squash and halloumi with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, uncovered, until squash is tender and halloumi has grill marks (2-3 minutes per side).
- Plate cooked squash and halloumi on a serving dish and top with pesto, fresh basil, pistachios, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Keywords: Salad, Summer, Squash, Halloumi, Zucchini, Side