24 Apr Baked Dijon Chicken
This chicken is delicious and so satisfying! The blend of spices are what make this chicken so flavorful. The Mediterranean Diet emphasizes big flavors through the use of a variety of spices, fresh herbs and seasonings. In addition to adding a ton of flavor, using spices, herbs and seasonings reduces the amount of salt needed to flavor a dish.
To make this a complete meal, serve this chicken with your favorite whole grain like brown rice, farro or quinoa, and a vegetable side like a big green salad or steamed broccoli.Print
Baked Dijon Chicken
This chicken is delicious and so satisfying! Serve with whole grains and your favorite vegetable-loaded side for a complete meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (8 pieces)
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine the oil, mustard, honey, garlic, spices, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and mix to coat each piece well.
- Place the coated chicken and onion slices in a large cast-iron skillet, pouring any extra sauce on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken thighs are fully cooked through – the internal temperature should read 165F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken, dinner, baked